Next Story
Newszop

Bayern Munich chief delivers Nicolas Jackson transfer verdict after Chelsea U-turn

Send Push

Bayern Munich director Max Eberl has provided an update on Nicolas Jackson's loan move from Chelsea after the Blues decided against letting the striker leave the club.

Reports emerged on Saturday that Enzo Maresca's squad had decided to keep Jackson. The Senegal international has lost his place in the west Londoners' squad this summer after the arrivals of Liam Delap and Joao Pedro.

In the week, Bayern had reached an agreement with Chelsea to bring the striker to the Bundesliga. A season-long loan with an option to buy worth a total of £69million had been finalised ahead of Monday's deadline.

READ MORE: Every word Enzo Maresca said on Delap injury, Chelsea transfer plans, why Fernandez was furious

READ MORE: Alejandro Garnacho denied dream Chelsea welcome gift as Enzo Maresca tasked with new challenge

However, Delap was forced off after 14 minutes in Saturday's win over Fulham - having gestured to his hamstring. Maresca admitted at full time that he expected the England international to miss up to eight weeks.

As a result, football.london understands that Chelsea have informed Bayern they wish to cancel the deal and, in turn, bring Jackson back into their squad. Now, Eberl has admitted he isn't sure what's next in the saga.

Speaking to Sky Sports Germany, he said: "Chelsea have informed us that they want the player back after we had reached an agreement yesterday and were allowed to conduct the medical.

"Now the situation is that the boy is in Munich and we have to send him back. That's the current state of affairs, I can't look into the future."

Jackson was a key part of Maresca's squad last season, scoring 13 goals in 37 appearances, but has lost his place completely. That led to increased speculation over his future, not to mention the Bayern agreement, but he may now be set for a fresh chance at Stamford Bridge.

It has been a hectic day for the Blues. After defeating Fulham 2-0 in the west London derby, they completed the deal to sign Alejandro Garnacho from Manchester United.

Loving Newspoint? Download the app now